Cisco C3KX-NM-10GT, Two (2) Port 10GB-T network module
The new Cisco Service Module offers enhaced security and Flexible Netflow (FNF) features on the uplink ports of the Catalyst 3750-X and 3560-X. The service module is supported with IP Base or IP Services feature set. It can be used with SFP or SFP+ at 1G or 10G speeds. The new Cisco Service Module has custom dedicated hardware for FNF monitoring, separate from the dedicated hardware for MACSec. Therefore there is no impact on packet forwarding performance & latency. It offers flexibility with the user being able to define flows. The new Cisco Service Module enables the following services:
• Line rate (40G) Flexible NetFlow for Network Monitoring and Security Anomaly Detection
– Supported version 9
– 32,000 simultaneous flows
– 128 of simultaneous active monitors
• Line rate (40G) MACsec encryption (please refer to MACsec section below)
FNF is a networking monitoring technology. A NetFlow table can be used to collect flow statistics. The flow information can be used by customers for a variety of use cases like understanding:
1. Applications running on the network, and identify undesired applications, P2P etc
2. Granular Local and aggregated Campus view (Top N applications, drill down etc).
3. Top talkers (ports, users, applications) for application usage, productivity and asset utilization etc.
4. Security Anomaly Detection by examining flows that do not traverse trust boundaries for inside the perimeter attacks
5. Impacts of network and application changes
6. Compliance conformation
7. Traffic patterns for capacity planning
Enabling FNF at the access switch ensures you get all flows. The access switch is the most logical place in the network for collecting statistics and monitoring all flows. With Netflow, you can obtain MAC-address and access port information associated with the flow, to get directly to the source of the flow. Most collectors are able to leverage the location based on MAC-address and interface port number provided by the access switch to the collector. Thus by enabling FNF at the access switch you are able to get the location information of the flow. The access switch has a variety of identity mechanism for user authentication and adding user awareness is the natural progression that can be developed. Access switches are an order of magnitude greater than distribution and core which makes them scale well for FNF and ensure there are no performance impacts of oversubscription at aggregation and core.
The new Cisco 10G Base-T module is hot-swapable and can operate at either 10GE or GE speed (with manual configuration).
All Level4 network products are rigorously tested and certified to be new or in like-new condition.
- Our networking hardware comes with our Level4-certified, lifetime, advanced replacement warranty, valid within the first year of purchase and exclusive of extended warranties, maintenance contracts, Netshield™, software, licensing, or specialty order items. In most cases, same-day shipping is available. After the first year, items can be sent to Level4, and we will repair or replace it within 14 days of receipt.
- Our Server and Storage products come with a 3-year warranty.
- Specialty order items come with a minimum 90-day warranty.
- Software is sold as is and is not covered under warranty.
- Resellers are subject to a 90-day warranty.
For guaranteed next-day replacement and 24×7 tech support, we also offer Netshield™ extended maintenance plans. View Netshield plan support options or contact us at 1.888.493.5997 for more information.
30-DAY RETURN POLICY
Our return policy is “no questions asked.” Please feel free to return NOB and pre-owned hardware within 30 days of purchase for any reason. NIB returns must remain in original packaging and deemed unused for full credit. An RMA number is required for all returns. Contact us at 1.888.493.5997 for any RMA. Buyer is responsible for return shipping costs and insurance. Upon satisfactory inspection, products returned for refunds will be subject to a 25% restocking fee in addition to shipping costs. Extended Warranty options are available; contact us at 1.888.493.5997 for more information.